It’s Holy Week, and right now, life is looking a little grim with this Mandatory Shut Down. It’s not easy.
This morning my daughter discovered a tick embedded in her swollen leg. She hastily ripped it out and flushed it down the toilet, without letting us examine it, to determine whether or not it was a deer tick. Then she began showing signs of Lyme Disease.
After a chaotic morning of visiting with a doctor–God bless her soul!–and exchanging information and photos of my daughter’s leg, she’s now being treated with an antibiotic. The doctor is hopeful that she’ll be fine, as we hopefully caught it early enough.
Me? I drove straight to a coffee shop and drank a cappuccino, for I’m a weak individual.
In any case, today I’m offering 12 signs to help identify that you might be nearing the end of your rope with this Quarantine Madness. We pray that God will lift this scourge soon. In the meantime, enjoy!
Quarantine Madness: 12 Signs It Might Be Getting to You
- You find yourself sitting in a lawn chair at the end of the driveway, just to shout a hello to other people out walking their dogs.
- You’ve decided to drag another lawn chair out there, with a case of beer, and offer passersby a drink if they’ll sit down and have one on the house. You can sit 6 feet apart after all.
- You’ve* decided to build a raised garden bed. You’ve always wanted one anyway.
- You’ve resorted to drinking box wine because it can be purchased in bulk and lasts a lot longer than a bottle. It’s also penitential because it tastes so badly.
- You’ve instituted an Hour of Drawing in the afternoon for the children wherein they must produce a work of art or face the consequences.
- You’ve decided to read one of those really long, boring Russian novels with characters that you can’t pronounce because you have the time.
- You’ve considered hemming your husband’s pants that are too long for him, even though you loathe sewing.
- You’ve taken up running. Might as well trail for a marathon.
- You’ve loaded up the children and driven around just for the fun it. (Don’t tell the authorities.)
- You’ve instituted Happy Hour wherein your husband makes cocktails at 3pm.
- You’ve subscribed to The Remnant Newspaper, just receive something worthy in the mail.
- You’ve saving all junk mail, especially any mailings pertaining to the USCCB, to potentially use as toilet paper, should you actually run out.
Now I’ve done 8 of these “signs.” You guess which ones!