Awhile back in January, I wrote the following post in honor of my mom. Today I am highlighting it, in honor of Mother’s Day.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!*
5 Reasons Why I Love My Mom
- She doesn’t mind that I call her obnoxiously, like every other day. I’m a natural chatterbox and like to talk. Who better to call?
- When she visits, she likes hanging out with me. I mean, she’ll actually ditch the grandkids and willing do something with just me. She’ll even go to a coffee shop, even though she–gasp–hates coffee!
- She’s sacrificial. Like I just said. Furthermore, even though she despises onions–horror of horrors!–she’ll feign to eat them for my sake, for I can’t live without them and put them into practically everything. She just smiles and nibbles away at them.
- She also hates running, but guess what? She’s ran a few road races with me. And one time, we even convinced my sister to run one too. But that was awful because she complained the whole time that she was going to die, which she obviously didn’t. (Speaking of, want to do another one, Mom?)
- Did I mention that she’s seriously sacrificial? When she visits, if my dishes need washing, she’ll wash them. If my cupboards need cleaning, she’ll clean them. If my toilet needs scrubbing, she’ll scrub it.
I’ve got a lot to learn from my mother.
Thank you, Mom! I love you!
Today, since it’s January 22 and the anniversary of that horrible Supreme Court decision to allow for abortion in this country, and since you’re obviously alive and reading this, give your mother a call and thank her for giving birth to you. (Especially if you were born after 1973, the year that satanic law went into place.)
Secondly, pray for an end to the Scourge of Abortion. Do an act of penance. Today our family will be eating plain bread for breakfast.