How was your week? Here are a few highlights from mine.
1. Dear Readers, I just want to let you know that it snowed here the other day. Yep. Those of you living in warmer climates, eat your hearts out.
2. So, in honor of the first snow day, our household blasted Christmas music. I know that some of you may consider this as near heretical behavior, but I ask you, what else ought one to do when it snows in the beginning of October? I can’t play Louis Armstrong’s When You’re Smiling, because I ain’t smiling. But I can play It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by Bing Crosby, because it is.
3. We took the children down to South Dakota, where it’s supposed to be warmer, to visit my parents. They’re in the middle of harvesting soy beans and corn. It’s a lot of fun riding around in combines.
4. We also took the children to Mass at the Cathedral of St. Joseph in Sioux Falls. Ever been there? No? It’s beautiful, especially if you attend the 9:15 am Mass when the Men’s Schola chants. Be.You.Ti.Full.
5. We’re still moving and getting closer to The Day. Next week we should close on our house and move into a new one. Some of you may be wondering if it’s been a difficult last few months? The answer is, yes. For one thing, I haven’t had access to all my stuff for a good four weeks, as we’ve been packing. Just where did I put that book on St. Dominic that my daughter needs for a speech? Oh yes, I remember, in a box…