I was whining the other day–bemoaning all our feckless Church leaders actually–and it occurred to me that I should just spend 5 minutes in gratitude, for there are a lot of things to be thankful for.
So today, I’m highlighting some awesome stuff.
Awesome Stuff You Might Consider
- My Heart Lies South: The Story of My Mexican Marriage by Elizabeth Borton de Trevino. I know I mentioned it before, but this autobiography was downright hilarious. I laughed out loud as De Trevino chronicled her real-life adventure of marrying a Mexican in the 1930s. Of course her husband came from a large, traditional Catholic family complete with strong opinions and stronger emotions. I must say, she never had a dull day in her life.
- I am thankful for Chickens. The other day, during the Communist Lockdown, we went and visited some family in a different state. They have baby chicks, and not only are baby chicks cute, but they are practical too. We might have to look into owning some ourselves.
- Apparently Tractors are pleasant and enjoyable too. Who doesn’t love driving around a 1978 John Deere 4040 through a mud hole while eating a cookie?
- Or how about watching children play? They can be very creative and entertaining. Lately our children have been playing a game called, “Anti-Social Distancing.” This a game wherein everyone marches six feet apart with one person acting as Governor Evers. Governor Evers wears a face mask and carries a big stick. He puts people in jail who try to break his unconstitutional mandates.
- This guy’s hat is awesome. He’s my brother-in-law.
- Dr. Marshall’s short video on Post-Covid19 Predictions is spot on and awesome. My husband and I heartily agree with every point of his, especially Number 9.
- Need another can’t-put-it-down-book? Read Pierced By a Sword by Bud Macfarlane Jr. It caught my attention because Michael O’Brien wrote the forward. I am almost finished and really enjoying it.
- And finally, I am thankful that The Eldest still wants to match somebody. She picked out my outfit!