What have you found enjoyable this month? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Grandma sent the little girls dresses for Easter. Who doesn’t love Easter dresses? Of course they won’t be able to wear them to Mass for a few weeks, but here are two of them trying them on:
2. Favorite March book? Antonio Socci’s, The Fourth Secret of Fatima. It’s been awhile since I haven’t been able to put a book down. If you’re interested in the doings of the popes in the 20th century, as concerns Sr. Lucia and Fatima, then you won’t be disappointed. Socci, an Italian journalist and author, gives a thorough and fascinating and horrifying account of that mysterious 3rd Secret. Warning: he assumes you are already familiar with Fatima. (This is not a book for those reading about Fatima for the first time.)
3. Kids’ favorite book? Sydney Taylor’s All-of-a-Kind Family. My children–all of them–greatly enjoyed listening to this book on Audible. I, too, not only enjoyed it, but learned a bit about Jewish families living in New York City in the early 1900s. Very sweet.
4. Favorite fruit? While my children will eat any fruit, I’ve been finding those cheap pineapples very convenient. I’ve been buying them for $2.98. I’ve been restricting myself to one pineapple a week, because I don’t want the children to get sick of them. But really, I should up it to at least 2, as we eat the whole thing in one sitting.
5. Favorite Bread? Hands down, Renaissance Bread from Galesville, WI. Fortunately for us, this little bakery, owned and operated by 2 sisters, is not only organic, but delivers once a week to a grocery store in La Crosse. As I was buying them out every week, I decided to call them and ask if they’d put together a standing, weekly order of 6 loaves for me? Oh yes, of course! God bless those sisters!
6. And…what about wine? We’ve been enjoying J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon. It was on sale this month at Sam’s Club for $9.71, so I bought 6 bottles.
7. Lastly, Favorite YouTube Video? Aw, you knew it was going to be Dr. Taylor Marshall. He’s got some great ones this month. My kids really enjoyed watching this one on communion rails. Me? I found his interview with Timothy Flanders on Corona Virus very interesting.
8. My Husband’s Favorite Thing About March? His birthday. He turns 38 on the 16th.