In spite of all the Church Scandal, life goes on. How was your week? Here are a few highlights from mine.
- I was spoiled rotten on Thanksgiving Day. I barely had to make anything – just frog-eye salad. And we feasted like kings and drank good wine. God is very good to us. And I have the best in-laws ever.
- The other day The Eldest was dancing around with Little Sister when, SMACK! Little Sister’s eye met a chair. Grandma added purple eye shadow to the other eye to balance things out. And then we took a picture of her because she’s still so cute. Can you guess which eye is injured and which is fake?
3. The 2019 Calendars from Tan Publishing are out. Last year they had a calendar featuring monks brewing beer and drinking wine. For example, here’s this month’s picture from 2018:
Can you read the quotation in the bottom righthand corner? It’s a Medieval German saying. “Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and be saved.” Hilarious.
Anyway, this year I’ve noticed that Tan has a 2019 calendar titled, Defending Christendom. You bet I’m going to order it. Click HERE to see it at Tan.
4. As yesterday was Black Friday, I will offer a gift idea for lego-loving children. A friend of mine sent me a link to this. It’s the Last Supper built with legos. We don’t own it, but we do own this one, which is Fr. Leopold’s Mass, and it’s great.
If any of you do own the Last Supper lego kit, drop a line below in the comments. I’d like to hear if it’s a good set.
5. And finally, do you live anywhere near the Bismarck/Mandan metropolitan area? If so, come experience the Mass of the Ages, otherwise known at the Traditional Latin Mass, this Sunday at Christ the King Catholic Church in Mandan, ND, at 11:30am. I’d love to meet you!